Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

AN EXCERPT FROM: BRIDGE OF THE CRYING BABY


"Mama....Sonny....I swear fo God.There I was,sittin in the middle of a war.Mama it was the civil war.Just like we learn in school.Between the north and the south.And there I...was sittin smack dead in the middle.Back in July the 12th 1864.The blood and pain.Lew'd...it was just so...much blood.There was white and black soldiers,just layin and just dying without arms,legs,feet.I seen one main head blown off by a cannonball.Men bein split in half wit swords."

"Ohhhh....law'd li,boy!"

"That ole bridge wit screams and bloody torn up bodies all over it.And the smoke from the guns turned it into a mist in that spooky ole blue moonlight.And my kin Billie,justta lil ole boy himself.Jumps on the wagon and he starts to swang that ole sword in his hand,like a expert.Wit his face half blown off.He screams and shouts from the top of his voice;DRIVE ME TO FREEDOM OR HELL!"


                   

No comments: